Manish Parashar, Rutgers
- Manage dynamic data processing requirements at extreme scales using coordinated algorithm, middleware and resource layer adaptations
- Dynamic AMR-based simulations such as the Polytropic Gas simulation for modeling tokomak edge plasma (part of Chombo developed by LBNL)
Data Management Challenges
- Large and dynamically changing data volumes
- Dynamic and imbalanced data distributions
- Heterogeneous and dynamic resource (memory, CPU, etc.) requirements
- Accelerated the data-to-insights process by up to 75% for a large-scale AMR-based simulation-analytic workflow
- Reduced overall data movement between the AMR-based simulation and in-situ analytics by 45%
T. Jin, F. Zhang, Q. Sun, H. Bui, M. Parashar, H. Yu, S. Klasky, N. Podhorszki, H. Abbasi, “Using Cross-Layer Adaptations for Dynamic Data Management in Large Scale Coupled Scientific Workflows”, SC 2013.
(Right) Data movement reduced by 45% for a 3D AMR Advection-Diffusion simulation-analytic workflow using adaptive analytic placement, as compared to in-transit processing.